Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Emperor of Holesovice

By popular demand, OK, one person requested it, but here is the picture of Izzy with the smokestacks of Holesovice and the beautiful Prague sky in the background. This was taken by Richard Giles on the terrace of my flat in Prague when Richard was dogsitting.

I had a crush on Richard Giles. He was a writer in my writing group. He didn't have a crush on me at all. Oh well. I haven't thought about him in years even though I look at this picture everyday. Fact is, I couldn't even remember who took it until I took it out of the frame to scan and saw Richard's name on the back and the title "Izzy-Emperor of Holesovice." I googled Richard but only found some guy with the same name who is some kind of tech writer in Australia. I don't think it's the same person.

No matter. I will always be grateful to him for this fabulous picture that captured the grandness of the little dog with a big, big spirit.

No comments: