Friday, June 16, 2006

Cows Chew Cud, Britney Chews Gum


I wanted to feel sorry for her, I really did. I wanted to watch 'the' interview and come away with a new sensitivity for Britney Spears. I wanted to believe that she was just 'misunderstood' and that the press was being cruel to her. I really, really tried.

But I didn't. In fact, all of my preconceived ideas about the queen of trash were confirmed. She had the chance of a lifetime to set the record straight and what did she do? She chewed a big, honkin' wad of gum throughout the entire interview. Matt Lauer even made a comment about it in one of his segment intros. She chewed gum.

Hello!?! Does she not have a publicist??? Never mind that her skirt was so short that I was prepared for a "Basic Instinct" shot at any minute. Never mind that her boobs were falling out of her shirt and I was just waiting to see a wardrobe malfunction at any minute. Never mind that she defended herself for driving with Sean Preston in her lap, or tried to make us believe that she cleans toilets and that her marriage is heavenly. Never mind all of that.

SHE CHEWED GUM THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE INTERVIEW!!!!

I guess it's true that money doesn't buy class.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was like watching a train wreck-you couldn't look away and yes, I came across with a more negative impression of her than I had going in-she did herself no favors!

Katchkie's Daughter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katchkie's Daughter said...

It does not surprise me that she was chewing gum during the interview. This is the Britney Spears we have seen for a while. Poor kid. She is so famous and young and has to make mistakes with others watching and judging. Fame is a bitch. Hopefully she will learn from them. Yes... where is her publicist?! Or her mother for that matter? Probably cringing in the corner.

DaddyWakamole said...

We have a saying here in the Southland...you can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl. Perhaps she could have had K-Fed chew it for her while she was interviewed.