Saturday, May 27, 2006

Isn't It Ironic?


I pride myself on being one of the only people in America who has never seen a single episode of "American Idol." So it was quite amusing when I took my out-of-town guest to Hollywood and Highland to see the Kodak Theatre where you can see the Hollywood sign, the stars on Hollywood Boulevard and the hand and foot prints at Mann's Theatre all in one place. And what do you know...
It was all set up for the finale of "American Idol!" Red carpet, paparazzi, TV cameras, fans with homemade signs touting their pick for winner, the whole nine yards. Jill, my guest, doesn't watch the show either so it was kinda funny that we stumbled upon this circus. However, I must admit it was fun to see all the hubbub, fun in a sociological experiment kind of way, and it was a great thing to show a visitor.
Just another day in Tinseltown!

2 comments:

yoshi said...

Mindy,

It's Yo! How are you. I'm was visiting charleston.net and came across ur blog. I hope ur doing well. I MISS YOU!!!! Tell Holly I said hello.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the show either.