Monday, May 15, 2006

One of Life's Simple Pleasures

I love Frosted Mini Wheats. The original kind. The kind with the white sugar on it. Not the brown sugar cinnamon kind or any of the the fruity kinds, just the original ones, big or bite size, I like 'em both.

Frosted Mini Wheats remind me of being a kid and especially of being a kid with my friend Carol who nows has her own kids, one of whom is my goddaughter, Annie.

Anyway, about once a year I splurge on sugar cereal and buy myself a box of Frosted Mini Wheats. And so, since I eat them so infrequently, I always forget and am always re-delighted when I get to the last bowl.

Now with most yummy things that you eat infrequently, the last bowl or bite is a disappointment. Not so with Frosted Mini Wheats. The last bowl is the absolute BEST!! Why, you ask? Because all of the excess sugar and shredded wheat has settled at the bottom, so the last bowl you pour is basically, "have some mini wheat with your sugar!" It's so good, so decadent and so satisfying.

Gotta love the small stuff in life that makes you smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM TOOOOO!!!!! And you are SO right about the last BOWL-I was ROTFL!