Tuesday, May 16, 2006

With Apologies to Kelly

I had the wildest dream the other night. It was one of those dreams that was so vivid that when I woke up I had to take a minute to remember it it was a dream or if it really happened.

I dreamed I met Hilary Swank and became her best friend and personal assistant. Why Hilary Swank? I have no idea. But I think the whole dream came about because a friend wrote to tell me that Cacee Cobb quit Jessica. Perhaps after reading my disparaging comments? I doubt it but it was synchronicitous.

Anyway, I dreamed that I was shopping in Barney's and Hilary Swank was shopping too. We were both trying on shoes and got to talking. Did I mention this dream was in color. I love that. Anyway, we were chatting and she was with a couple of other friends who were in another part of the story looking at handbags and scarves (I told you it was detailed), so Hil and I were just shooting the breeze. Talked about life and shoes and restaurants, all kinds of things. We really hit it off.

So much so that I wanted to ask her for her email so we could keep in touch but I didn't want her to think I was a star stalker or something. So I was wrestling with myself about whether or not to ask her when she handed me a card with her number on it. She looked at me and said, "I really am glad to meet you. It so important to me to have good girlfriends these days. Let's hang out." So I ended up being BFF with Hilary and became her personal assistant as well. Oh and I forgot to mention that while we were trying on shoes, the paparazzi took her picture and part of me was in the picture so when it appeared in US Weekly the next week, everyone called and was all, "We saw you in US!"

When I woke up it took me a minute to remember that I wasn't actually BFF with Hilary Swank nor was I her personal assistant. But it did briefly occur to me to try to find out Jessica's email and send her a note saying I was her biggest fan and would make a great new assistant for her. Then I thought that if I was a superstar and someone sent me an email like that I would call the police.

So I didn't.

1 comment:

Kelly Love said...

Love it! NO apology needed. And why not email Jessica? (herefore known as "Jess" or "J-dog" to you). As long as you send your resume and a nice note (and not photos of you in a bunny costume dancing the dance of the seven veils), I doubt she'd call the police.

If you can do it for Hilary in your dreams, you can do it for Jessica in real life!