Thursday, May 04, 2006

Copycat

Yes, this is a copycat post. I'm copying my friend Kelly Love from her microfamous blog but I only feel a little guilty because I think that different people read our blogs and for our crossover crowd it's worth repeating - Ida Becker is a bad a..!

Ida picked up and went to Nepal for 3 weeks ALL BY HERSELF. That is so awesome and brave on so many levels that it's hard to wrap my head around it. Not only is Ida female, and as much as we wish it weren't true, it is undeniable that females traveling solo have more risks, but also she is a tall, blond, beautiful female who most definitely would stand out in an Asian country.

Not only was her travel rigorous and the accommodations rudimentary at best (read peeing in the middle of the night in a frozen hole in the ground) but there was also a revolution in the country and she was put under house arrest while being deathly ill from some horribly rancid food that makes me sick just even thinking about it.

And she had a wonderful time! Read about it here and see her amazingly beautiful photos.

Ida is an inspiration.

1 comment:

Ida One said...

Mindy, my life is blessedly rich because of treasured friends like you. Girl, you rule.