Saturday, January 28, 2006

It Must Be Great To Be.......


Angelina Jolie. She is everywhere these days with her "bump" and her kids and her Brad Pitt, who by the way, is not nearly as hot as he used to be. But I digress.

Apparently Angelina has now taken her family to England so she can get some peace and quiet. I don't blame her.

But in the meantime, I find I have become somewhat enchanted, enthralled, curious and mystified by her. And it doesn't have anything really to do with her celebrity and the Jen/Angelina thing. I am captivated by her beauty. And while I do want to hate her because of the whole Jen thing, I just can't.

Last night I was watching "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and due to the extreme boringness of the movie, found myself studying Angelina. Today I was flipping through the cable lineup and came across the move "Gia" starring, yes you guessed it, Angelina Jolie and I just couldn't stop watching it. Especially since the whole movie was about beauty.

And here's what I was thinking. I was thinking about how much easier my life would be if I looked like Angelina Jolie. Even if I wasn't an actress or a model, I just know life would be easier if I possessed the perfectly put together features of Angelina Jolie. Things just come easier to beautiful girls. They don't have to work as hard. People want to do things for them and give them things all to make their lives easier.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't think I'm ugly and I know I am probably more in the pretty category than not. But I'm no Angelina Jolie. And I seem to be one of those people that women appreciate my looks more because they are not usual while men, not so much.

But Angelina Jolie has unusual looks the kind of features that if one thing on her face was a tad different, she'd probably not be so exquisite. But all of the planets aligned for her physically and she gets to look like, well, like Angelina Jolie.

And just to be clear, this is not a whine. I do appreciate that not having things thrown at me and having to work hard for everything has probably built character, however, when the going gets tough, it's just interesting to contemplate what life would be like if I looked like Angelina Jolie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life would be fucking good! No question about it.