Monday, January 09, 2006

Vacation Hangover

I have been on vacation for the past two weeks. I love vacation, unlike my microfamous friend who can't wait until her vacations are over. I love vacation, and while I'm very good at leaving it all behind, when I come home, the anxiety hits.

Especially when it's the start of a new year and there's so much to think about and so much to prepare for the coming year. It's double hard for me because the beginning of the year is also my birthday so I feel I have to set goals not only because it is a new calendar year but also because I have aged another year as well.

So instead of making resolutions that I will not keep, such as not eating carbs, exercising everyday, yadda yadda, I have made a very simple vow.

I vow not to sell myself short anymore.

To this end, I'm going to explore my creativity and do everything in my power to make a living doing something that feeds my soul, as well as my bank account. I know this will include getting back to writing and finding freelance outlets for my pieces. I hope it will also entail some sort of artistic endeavor. We'll see. I'm already working on it.

If I learned anything at all in 2005, it is that I don't have to work for evil beings that are simple-minded, unimaginative, insecure and downright cruel. There is a story here but I can't go into it until the negativity surrounding it has left my being. I am working hard to release the poison that the evil, sick woman that I worked for infected me with and day by day it is slowly but surely leaving my system.

I have a feeling 2006 will be a good year although I tend to greet each new year optimistically so I'm going into this one a little tentatively. But just by the simple fact that I made the decision to change my life so very drastically, makes me feel that I also have the power to make the change be a phenomenal step in the right direction.

After all, it is the year of the dog and that's what this blog is all about. Lucy's Adventures in La La land.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You can do anything you put your mind to and after reading your post you have inspired me as well. We CAN control our future rather than have others control us!

Anonymous said...

This post really, really makes me happy. And it's advice I'll use too. Create Create Create! xo