Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rings on her Fingers and Bracelets on Her Wrists

So, for those of you who know me, you know that I wear a lot of bracelets on both of my wrists.

For years I've been wearing these bracelets that are handmade by my cousin Nancy who lives in Ann Arbor. Each time I see her, which unfortunately isn't often, I add to my bracelet collection and each time I see her, Nancy's jewelry gets fabulouser and fabulouser (yes, I know that's not a real word.)

And for all these years that I've been adding to my collection on both of my wrists, I've received a myriad of compliments from friends and strangers alike. And inevitably I get the question "Where did you get those?"

Until recently, my only response was a kinda of regrettable shrug and a "She lives in Ann Arbor."

But now, drumroll please, I have a new answer. Original Nancy Melet designs can be had by all who have coveted my collection over the years. Nancy has launched her website.

And get this...there is a collection named after me. Check it out. Here's the description. "Mindy - Copper pearls, vintage brass from Ethiopia, interlocking silver, brass and copper." It's gorgeous.

I don't even have that one myself...Next trip. Which as a matter of fact, will be to Nancy's wedding in October!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very cool that her work is up for all to see and even better - earrings named after you. so damn sweet!

love the new design.

xo

Ida One said...

Time for a new blog name!