Monday, December 12, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Things

In honor of the season of gift giving and gift receiving, I thought I'd make note of some of my favorite things.

Earlier in the year I received some Thymes Olive Leaf body lotion in the mail and it wasn't until recently I pulled it out of the cosmetics drawer and tried it. OMG! It smells great and is perfect for the dry climate here in LA.

I have always heard that it doesn't matter what type of shampoo you use, it's the conditioner that's important well I beg to differ. Kerastase shampoo makes a world of difference in the texture of my hair and thanks to a find on Ebay, I can indulge in what is called "The Rolls Royce of Shampoos."

Bad Gal Lash and You Rebel from Benefit rock my world as does the Ocean Salt scrub from Lush and the Pied de Pepper.

I have coveted a Tano Guerilla bag in pearlized ivory for about a year now.

Uggs fleece Kalie clogs in raisin look oh-so comfortable. I love the idea of my feet being warm without having to wear socks.

I decided I need a Bose Ipod Sounddock. I went to the Apple store and listened to all of them and the Bose is by the far the best for sound quality. And Santa, the Apple site has free shipping.

My down comforter is flatter than my sheets. I feel certain that I would have sweeter dreams with a big fluffy new one.

I'm crazy for scented candles. My favorites are Diptyque Baies, Trish McEvoy Wild Blueberry and Vanilla, Henry Bendel Quince and a cinnamon one that I have burning as I type but I can't remember who it's by. I do know that I bought it at a great store called Raena on 3rd Street.

My cousin came to visit and she had straight hair. I asked her if she did the Japanese Thermal thing and she said she got a Chi-ed. She showed me her Chi flat iron and I ordered one last night.

Yes, it's trendy and so LA but I want real Chanel sunglasses.

I love Jon Stewart and since he's taken with child number two on the way and only works Mon.-Thurs., the only way to see him every day is the "America" 2006 desktop calendar.

I was looking for a three-panel screen and came across these faux Gerber Daisies. They made me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy and I went to a large party at Boone Hall last week where scores of people were clad in period costumes.

Yes, I had hoop skirt envy. Especially since I own my very own custom made version of Scarlett's green dress hanging in my closet. But, I digress.

We had to pose with Father Christmas for a photographic party favor. I flashed that old git a big smile and said, "Hello Father. I've been very good this year."

Yes, I too felt it had a creepy confessional twang as soon as I said it.

He gave me a blank expression and then said, "You can have a mule."

I though Andy would double over in laughter. Rich.

Every time I look at the photo, which is rather lovely, I squinch up my nose and give Father Christmas the evil death-ray look.

A mule?
A mule!

You've GOT to be kidding me.

All I asked for was a Range Rover.

The nerve.

DaddyWakamole said...

Don't you DARE straighten that long gorgeous curly hair of yours. Hell, if I still had any I'd keep it curly....