Friday, November 04, 2005

How Cute Are They



This is Clio and Canaan, my niece and nephew. In this photo they are 3 months old. That was a couple of weeks ago.

They rock my world. Last night I went to my brother's house to see them and they were sleeping. They are still fun to look at even when they are sleeping. Clio sleeps with her arms close to her body like she's snuggling up and Canaan sleeps with his arms outstretched. It's amazing that even at this young age they so clearly exhibit masculine and feminine characterists. It blows my mind what a girly girl Clio is and what a burly guy Canaan is.

Like my brother says, it's good it's not the other way around.

Anyway, while I was visiting, Canaan started to whimper a little so I ran in and picked him up. I'm sure that if I had left him he would have fallen right back to sleep but I wanted an excuse to pick him up and rub his fuzzy little head and kiss his fat cheeks and smell his wonderful baby smell.

He did indeed fall asleep on my shoulder so I put him back down and he hollered for a moment, than passed back out. How wonderful it must be to sleep like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucy, your blog rocks and the babies are gorgeous! and i am so pleased they will have aunt lucy near (physically and emotionally). being an aunt is the best - love, spoil, be naughty together, laugh a lot, love some more and return to owners. unconditional love too!!! best to you all. georgia.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute-You are so lucky to be around to watch them learn and explore and change! Kisses!

Sally