Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"Yesterday"

I stumbled across this movie last night on HBO and sat down to watch it. Ninety minutes later I had not moved from my spot on the couch and I was so moved I literally couldn't move.

"Yesterday" is about a Zulu woman in South Africa who contracts AIDS and her intense maternal love and bravery. I won't say anymore because I don't want to ruin it, but it is very powerful and a "must-see." Check HBO listings and be sure to watch it or Tivo it.

It made me ashamed that I spend such a large part of everyday complaining about things that not only can I change but also will (hopefully) soon be a distant bitter memory.

It made me want to be a better person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to see that...I've only caught the trailers.

Kelly Love said...

I just watched Yesterday last night - wow. Really amazing movie. I completely agree with you. My life is so easy by comparison; I can't even imagine having to walk so far and stand in line like that for basic medical care.