Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Thoughts

My thoughts were all over the place for Thanksgiving. I wrote and rewrote my blog post and then erased everything and started yet again. I was going to say how much I have to be thankful for, which is true, but it seems so cliche.

Then I thought, what the hay! I'll be cliche.

I'm thankful for Lucy above all. If I didn't have my girl to come home to every night I just don't know what I would do. She keeps me sane. And I'm thankful for the twins because they remind me what is important.

Then in no particular order I'm thankful for my parents who are still on the east coast and I miss them. I am thankful for my friends who keep my spirits up. I miss them too.


I am thankful for Green Day because no matter how bad a day I have at work, I listen to "American Idiot" on the drive home and it perks me up.

I'm thankful for Tivo so I don't have to miss a minute of "Grey's Anatomy" or "Boston Legal" when Lucy decides she can't wait another minute to go outside. I'm thankful for Netflix for keeping my list of movies to see for me in my queue.

I'm thankful for Jenny, Lucy's dogwalker. I'm thankful for Kerastase shampoo.
I'm thankful for high-heeled shoes. I'm thankful for Trader Joe's. I'm thankful for the caramels at LittleJohn's in the Grove.

I'm thankful for the New York Times Sunday Paper. I'm thankful for public radio.

I'm thankful for my memories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturday purchase: gold Stuart Weitzman four inch heels

guess who!

Anonymous said...

I love Green Day lead singer but I think I'm too old to feel that way.

Anonymous said...

Nonsense Nikki! Go with the feeling!

Anonymous said...

Yes Boston legal & greys antomy is the best.I'v seen every show since its been on. Whats your favorite ones.