Friday, November 18, 2005

NYSE DAY

I saw this license plate the other day that read NYSE DAY. I was sitting in traffic, of course, this being LA, and so I had plenty of time to ponder this. What I couldn't figure out was what in the world does New York Stock Exchange Day mean?

Was she a Fortune 500 CEO. I didn't think so in her Toyota Tercel (not that there's anything wrong with Tercels or Toyota's but CEO's don't generally drive them) plus there are only 2 women Fortune 500 CEO's so odds weren't great that I was sitting in traffic next to one of them.
I couldn't understand it. I kept staring and trying to piece it together. I was stymied. And it was really bothering me that I couldn't figure it out.

Then it dawned on me. The license plate was trying to say "Nice Day" just spelled wacky.

Duh. Sometimes I worry about myself.

No comments: