Sunday, March 19, 2006

36 Hours and counting....

Didn't post last night. It was a bad night. Lucy has been, excuse my pun, sick as a dog. So much so I almost took her to the emergency vet last night but decided to see how she was this morning. She's still not feeling well, but is much better. I continue to monitor her, poor baby. You've never seen anything more pathetic. It's so sad.

So, up all night with Lucy and let me tell you how many times I thought to myself - "No one will fault me for breaking the fast to stay up with my puppy at 4 a.m." but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't turn on the TV. But what I did do was cheat just a little. I read my "52 Projects" book that Nikki got me for Christmas/Hanukah.

Now even though this is reading per se, I don't consider it full on cheating because it is a book about using and finding and experimenting with creativity. And it too advocates shutting off the tube. I wonder if the guy who wrote it ever took The Artist's Way because a lot of his philosophy is the same, just simplified. Anyway, reading this book just reaffirmed my reason for media fasting and for attempting to put a lid on the overuse of the mass media, TV in particular, when the fast is done.

And that would be tomorrow night!

My biggest concern now is should I read Us first or watch "The Sopranos" and "Grey's Anatomy" on Tivo first. Oh, and there's "The OC" and "Gilmore Girls" and "The Amazing Race"......

P.S. Speaking of "The Amazing Race," I think it's smarmy of CBS to charge to watch it On Demand. Even though it is only 99 cents, that is pretty crummy.

No comments: