Saturday, March 18, 2006

Opera Day - Uh-Oh

Little snag - the classical station only plays opera on Saturday. I hate opera. Must find another way ..................... Don't want to fall into the TV abyss...................

Oh and did I mention that blind date sent back the bottle of wine he ordered, said it was tart. Then ordered a whole other kind. Poor form, poor form. The waitress was shooting me surreptitious looks of pity.

Oh wait. When I went to get the link for the classical site, I saw that today's opera is Tchaikovsky. I love Tchaikovsky so maybe it won't be so bad. Phew! The spirit is working for me!

By the way, has anyone ever noticed that Smetana's, "Vltava," sounds a lot like Ha Tikvah? Or vice versa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one piano student was close in skill to me when I was in eighth grade. He, however, was chosen to play last in the annual recital, which was the place of honor and meant he had surpassed my ability that year. Well, that did not bode well with my little competitive streak so I went to Fox (ON THE BUS!) and purchased my own sheet music. I practiced "Romeo and Juliet" on my own, and when it came time for the professor to inquire about my recital selection, I smugly began to play my secret piece. She was stunned; I played the finale, and I played Tchaikovsky-- as the last student-- the next three years. I had no idea we share a love for Tchaikovsky.

On a related note... it won't be the same come this Spoleto. I'll miss you even more!

mindy jo said...

I LOVE that story!! Yes, I'm trying not to think about Spoleto. Maybe I'll come home and be your plus one!